PRACTICE AREA | Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)Castalia designs and implements public private partnerships to improve infrastructure service delivery.
Castalia is recognised internationally for developing innovative approaches for private sector provision of infrastructure services. PPPs can take many forms, and Castalia has experience working across a range of approaches, including UK-style private finance arrangements and French-influenced concession, lease and management contracts.
Castalia helps public sector clients:
- Develop national policies for PPPs: We review and advise on supportive institutional arrangements for PPPs, such as government PPP units, and inform policy decisions on risk allocation and valuation approaches
- Structure PPP transactions and carry out due diligence: We develop options and strategies for allocating project risks and structuring public private partnerships. We also manage financial, technical, and legal due diligence
- Implement successful PPPs: We draft tender documentation, review investor bids and help PPPs reach financial close
- Manage PPP contracts: We monitor and evaluate private providers’ performance against their contract, and help with resetting tariffs, dispute resolution and (when needed) contract renegotiation.
Castalia helps private sector clients:
- Identify and evaluate PPP opportunities: We help identify infrastructure investment opportunities through our industry network, and help clients pursue most profitable investments within their strategic focus
- Manage due diligence: Evaluating the financial viability of PPP projects and managing due diligence
- Implement PPPs: Managing relationships with government agencies and regulatory authorities and providing advice on regulatory issues.